Peace of mind


It's such a good place to be when you have peace of mind. I have been to so many interviews and met so many people, I don't even get nervous anymore. Something I would not have done even just 6 months ago comes naturally to me. I approached a design agency and emailed the creative director saying 'you need me'. Really, quite literally. I had a portfolio review with them yesterday, and it went really well. They're not employing anyone right now, but I obviously made enough of an impression for them to want to meet me.

Today, I approached another creative director and told her it's my final days here at Interbrand, when does she want to see my portfolio? Don't make it a question, make it an appointment. This is by far the best advice I can give to anybody in these tough times looking for a job. I'm not looking for a job anymore, I'm making contacts. I'm not hoping someone will offer me a job, I don't want a job. I am registering as a freelancer very soon, so what I need now is for people to see my work, see me and contract me. I know I'm good enough so I'm taking initiative and carving my own career path. I'm done waiting for the job fairy, she's been made redundant.

Comments

Popular Posts