Inspirational steps forward


Petra Storrs is talented, this I knew. Petra Storrs is a Kingston graduate. A Products and Furniture design graduate. This I did not know.

From her paper dresses, props, set design, the girl is experimental and talented. In a recent interview for a Kingston Uni graduate magazine when asked if she had any advice for new designers her reply was plain and simple: 'In this industry you have to create the job you want'.

Right she is! As of today, I am a registered sole trader. Despite having ranted about wanting to freelance, didn't really believe I would. But I guess talking about it so much has made it happen by default. Next week I have my first freelance contract at Purple Creative whom I met with on Monday. It's a step in the right direction - if the industry does not have a job for me, I'm creating my own one. Also met a couple of splendid guys today at Sabotage PKG. They do some great trend-focused structural packaging work, and were kind enough to offer some tips and advice.

Comments

Popular Posts