If you didn't already know...


The Dieline are featuring a series of interviews with leading packaging and branding designers. Here's a summary of the first interview, with Marcus Hewitt of Dragon Rouge.

1. If you want to be a professional designer, act like a professional.
2. Experiment like a maniac.
3. Don't give yourself too much credit for spontaneous creation!
4. Grades don't matter.
5. Work for free.

The last one is not meant to be taken literally (I'd ignore it otherwise). What Marcus means is, when you leave uni, don't make salary a priority as this is the best time to aim for what you want and to grow in that field, or work for your absolute favourite agency. I'm not one to simply settle for 'a job' anyway. I don't want 'a job', I want THE job that's going to get me started in the right direction to world domination [Insert evil laugh here]

Comments

Popular Posts