Walk this way: United Nude

Founded by architect (see previous post) Rem D Koolhaas and shoemaker Galahad Clark, United Nude is my new obsession. Whilst out for a stroll in down town Nicosia, my beau and I walked past a shoe store with an interesting layout. Him being an interior designer, me being a shoe wearer, we decided to go in only to walk out with a pair of beautifully sculptured Lo Res shoes...for a friend! Dammit....I want, I want, I want! Sharp corners, neon lines, fantastic plastic, cupped heels...they had them all and I wanted them all.  Rem is best known for his Möbius shoe design which won the Rotterdem Design Award in 2003. 'UN is about clear concepts, elegance and innovation' and to prove it have also collaborated with fashion forward brands such as K-Swiss and designers Iris van Herpan and Antione Peters. 
The store had backlit display boxes with colour changing LED lights and glossy black surfaces.

Comments

Popular Posts