Phoneblocks - a new phone to customize and update

A phone only lasts a couple of years before it breaks or becomes obsolete. Although it's often just one part which killed it we throw everything away since it's almost impossible to repair or upgrade. visit www.phonebloks.com to show your support and raise your voice. We need to gather as many people as possible and raise enough awareness to get the right companies interested in developing this open source phone. 



After frying my iPhone, which only lasted 8 months (it drank some water and now the internet does not work), I've upgraded to a Bluebo and I love it. It's essentially the same (and I do mean same) OS as the Samsung Galaxy, but without the price tag. Basically, they use cheaper materials for the outside, you know, plastic instead of titanium from Mars, plastic glass screen instead of diamond crystal, etc. I'm NEVER paying a salary for a phone again, even if it is cool and handy. My not-so-little Bluebo is fantastic, and the best part is I won't cry if it dies on me again, because I can just get a new one!

That said, if a phone like THIS existed, there's no question about which phone I'd get. This is the future, and the sooner the big electronic companies accept this, the sooner we'll stop excess electronic waste and save some money (us non-big-electronic-company folk). I'm too excited about the thought of this phone. Being able to upgrade your camera, your memory or your screen. And the possibilities for other electronic devices also come to mind. Imagine upgrading your laptop so easily, and your iPad which you can upgrade to add 3G, and more memory and a better camera. Support the cause and share!

 Show the world we want a phone worth keeping! 
Thunderclap

Comments

Popular Posts